Open your Education Savings Account with Saturna and take advantage of:
Wide range of investment choices
- Saturna's affiliated no-load mutual funds offer a variety of investment objectives
- By investing in more than one fund, you can tailor your ESA to reflect your own risk and return objectives
- Add self-directed brokerage for access to stocks, ETFs, money market funds, and a broad array of unaffiliated mutual funds.
Knowledgeable, personalized service
- Investment ESA provider since 2003
- Trained representatives standing by to help you navigate the investment process
- Invest automatically from your bank account to your Saturna ESA
- Request redemptions to cover incurred expenses by telephone or in writing on any business day
- Choose redemption by check or direct deposit to your bank account at no charge
- Keep track of your portfolio with online account access
Is a Saturna ESA right for me?
It is important to review the features of Saturna's ESA and other ESAs before you decide where to establish your account.
A Saturna ESA may be right for you if:
- You want to minimize account-related fees
- You want to use your ESA as a long-term, tax-advantaged savings vehicle that can help pay the current or future education expenses of your child or other beneficiary
- You want to invest your ESA savings and desire a broad variety of investment options, such as mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, and bonds
- You are comfortable directing your own investments and have a tolerance for investment risk
Saturna's ESA Fees
Scroll right to see more » »
|Invested in Saturna's
affiliated mutual funds only
Saturna Brokerage HSA¹
|Account Fees||Investments in mutual funds are subject to ongoing expenses that shareowners
pay indirectly. Please consult a fund's prospectus or summary prospectus.
|Account Maintenance||None||Potential inactive account fee²|
|Low Balance Fee||None||None|
|Contributions||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Distributions / Withdrawals³||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Outgoing wire transfers and overnight delivery
of proceeds from sales are subject to prevailing rates.
|Trades / Exchanges||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Account Transfers||None||In: None4 Out: $75|
Scroll right to see more » »
¹ Self-Directed Brokerage HSAs may be subject to fees for services not listed in this chart. Please refer to the Saturna Brokerage Services Commission Schedule for more details.
² Inactive accounts have effected no trades from January 1 through December 31 and have had one or more security positions for the entire year, not including sweep account money market funds. Please see the Saturna Brokerage Services Commission Schedule for more details.
³ Withdrawals may be subject to income taxes if not used to pay qualified education expenses.
4 While Saturna does not have a specific charge for inbound transfers, the previous custodian may charge for the outbound transfer.