Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Open your Health Savings Account with Saturna and take advantage of:
Wide range of investment choices
- Saturna's affiliated no-load mutual funds offer a variety of investment objectives
- By investing in more than one fund, you can tailor your HSA to reflect your own risk and return objectives
- Add self-directed brokerage for access to stocks, bonds, ETFs, CDs, US Treasurys, and non-Saturna mutual funds
Knowledgeable, personalized service
- Investment HSA provider since 2005
- Trained representatives standing by to help you navigate the investment process
- Invest automatically from your bank account to your Saturna HSA
- Request redemptions to cover incurred expenses by telephone or in writing on any business day
- Choose redemption by check or direct deposit to your bank account at no charge
- Keep track of your portfolio with online account access
HSA Enrollment Checklist
- Confirm your eligibility: consult a qualified insurance professional to apply for a qualified high-deductible health plan (QHDHP) or to determine if your current plan qualifies for an HSA.
- HSA Enrollment Form (and HSA Transfer Form, if transferring an existing HSA), completed and signed
- Form 5305-B, completed and signed
- A copy of your government-issued photo ID
- A check for your initial investment (minimum $100) payable to the fund(s) of your choice
- To add self-directed brokerage to your Saturna HSA, please see the Saturna Brokerage Services brochure and brokerage account application available upon request or at www.saturna.com/sbs.
Is a Saturna HSA right for me?
It is important to review the features of Saturna's HSA and other HSAs before you decide where to establish your account.
A Saturna HSA may be right for you if:
- You want to minimize account-related fees
- You want to use your HSA as a long-term, tax-advantaged savings vehicle with potential to supplement your future retirement income
- You want to invest your HSA savings and desire a broad variety of investment options, such as mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, and bonds
- You are comfortable directing your own investments and have a tolerance for investment risk
- You do not need a checkbook or debit card associated with your HSA account because you anticipate being able to cover day-to-day medical expenses without frequent and/or substantial withdrawals
Saturna's HSA Fees
Scroll right to see more. > >
|Invested in Saturna's
affiliated mutual funds only
Saturna Brokerage HSA¹
|Account Fees||Investments in mutual funds are subject to ongoing expenses that shareowners
pay indirectly. Please consult a fund's prospectus or summary prospectus.
|Account Maintenance||None||Potential inactive account fee²|
|Low Balance Fee||None||None|
|Contributions||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Distributions / Withdrawals³||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Outgoing wire transfers and overnight delivery
of proceeds from sales are subject to prevailing rates.
|Trades / Exchanges||None||Subject to Commission Schedule|
|Account Transfers||None||In: None4 Out: $75|
Scroll right to see more. > >
¹ Self-Directed Brokerage HSAs may be subject to fees for services not listed in this chart. Please refer to the Saturna Brokerage Services Commission Schedule for more details.
² Inactive accounts have effected no trades from January 1 through December 31 and have had one or more security positions for the entire year, not including sweep account money market funds. Please see the Saturna Brokerage Services Commission Schedule for more details.
³ Withdrawals may be subject to income taxes, and if taken before age 59½, may be subject to tax penalties.
4 While Saturna does not have a specific charge for inbound transfers, the previous custodian may charge for the outbound transfer.